20 years ago, Nordnet redefined the financial world as the first digital bank in Europe. Now we are about to do it again. We will build the best customer experience in our field and create the next generation bank. We know that this requires great people, great teams, and great technology. Do you want join us and build the new Nordnet?
If you like to bring significant value by working in the borderline between IT and business then this may be the perfect role for you!
We are looking for an engaged and experienced Database Engineer to own and maintain our MS SQL operations. A key to success in this role is to establish and uphold good co-operation with important stakeholders like system owners, tech department heads, system specialists as well as vendors Nordnet work with.
This is part of the role
As Database Engineer you will handle the SQL environment. You will report to Head of Business Systems, within IT Operations. The role includes:
- Building database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Designing and implementing databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Being responsible for continuously collecting and structuring important data about our applications demands high degree of responsibility, good communication skills and good cooperation with colleagues from many parts of the company. With your experience from the database platform you will have reoccurring meetings with system owners, managers and specialists ending up in an updated environment, proactive activities and good priorities.
This is you
You have an IT background with solid SQL environment knowledge. You like to communicate and you have a true interest in building relations. You are committed as a person so a high tempo is something that suits you very well. With precision as a mantra in your daily work and a love for quality, you continuously strive for keeping our SQL environment in a great shape. Finding consolidation possibilities and database optimization situations is something that you consider as a fun challenge.
You have experience with the following:
- SSAS (Business Intelligence), SSRS, SSIS
- TSQL (Performance Optimization)
- Extended events
- High-availability Always-ON
- Automation, PowerShell
Language skills in both Swedish and English are mandatory.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a Nordic environment with a strong focus on innovation, product development and technology. We accelerate, renew ourselves and are currently building a world-class customer experience. Our ambitions are high and you will embark on a fast and challenging journey together with a great team of sharp and committed colleagues, At Nordnet, there is great potential for development and opportunities to redefine the financial world.
We are 850 employees in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen.
Visit us on: www.nordnetab.com
Questions & applications
If you have questions, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Joachim Öberg, email@example.com.
Please apply today by using the button below – we will start interviewing immediately. Please note that we only accept applications through our recruitment system, hence no email applications will be considered.
We want to inform you that Nordnet conduct credit and background checks on the final candidate.