Are you ready to redefine the financial industry? Does a serious technical challenge make your heart beat faster? Do you give energy to those who work with you and are you looking for an energy boosting work environment? Then Nordnet is the place for you!
Innovation and keeping up with the latest technologies are a part of Nordnet’s DNA. We work in a microservices based architecture with highly available and scalable backend applications and advanced CD and data pipelines using proven technologies like Java, Spring boot, PubSub, Docker and Kubernetes. We work with continuous delivery, releasing to production more than 50 times per day.
We are now looking for Software Engineers to join Nordnet’s Engineering department and our application platform team. Nordnet is in the process of rebuilding the bank on Google Cloud Platform, aiming to be the first digital bank in the Nordics with a fully cloud-based architecture. By the end of 2021 we aim for all new development to be done on the cloud platform. The application platform team is Nordnet’s center of excellence for bringing services to the cloud. The team’s daily work consists of:
- Defining the cloud infrastructure using modern IaC-principles
- Developing and maintaining shared libraries for interacting with for example Google PubSub
- Making sure that the developer experience is smooth, while still encouraging experimentation
- Building a stellar observability stack
This is you
You are passionate about software development and learning new things, and you want to contribute with your experience and passion. In your work, you are organised, methodical and agile in a way that benefits the team’s working climate and ability to deliver high quality solutions.
You have previous experience from working with software development in a cloud based environment. We think that you have a natural passion for technology and you will use sound judgement to pick the best tools for the job. We also believe that you enjoy communicating your thoughts and ideas to others. You probably have a BSc/MSc degree in Computing/Engineering or equivalent. You are comfortable with agile methods. Previous experience in finance is a plus but not mandatory.
As an engineer, you are:
- Highly communicative, transparent and a good listener
- Letting results win arguments (ego doesn’t excite you)
- Eager to learn and grow
- Eager to automate everything
You have experience in:
- Design, creation, and provisioning of scalable, highly available systems
- Modern software engineering practices
- Container deployment & orchestration
- Working with metrics aggregation and visualisation
- Working with monitoring, logging and alerting
- Terraform, Jaeger, Kiali, Istio, EFK, PubSub, Java, SpringBoot, React, Prometheus, ArgoCD, Kubernetes, Helm, PostgreSQL, NGINX, Google Cloud Platform
- A nice atmosphere where everyone is eager to learn from each other, your expertise will be appreciated from day one
- Exciting challenges to tackle together with experienced colleagues
- Plenty of opportunities to grow as an engineer and/or leader
- Competitive salary and compensation
Nordnet started from a passionate belief that changing the hierarchic financial world was possible. We became part of redefining the industry when we gave the customers power over their own savings. You will become part of a journey that has only yet started towards the vision of making our customers the best investors they can be. To be leading in IT is pivotal for that journey and you will work with colleagues who have a great passion for that goal.
We are 600 employees in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen. We cooperate, exchange ideas and use our core competencies in order to continuously improve the way we meet our customers. Open communication, creativity and engagement are important parts of our everyday life at the office.
Please apply today – we’ll start interviewing immediately. Please note that we do only accept applications through our recruitment system, hence no email applications will be considered.
If you have questions, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Joachim Öberg – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to inform you that Nordnet conduct credit and background checks on the final candidate.
We are looking forward to your application.