– The first quarter of the year was an eventful and successful period for Nordnet. During the first three months of the year, 167,200 new savers joined Nordnet – a figure almost 90 percent higher than for the first quarter of 2020, and more than for the whole of 2019. All our markets show double-digit percentage increases in the customer base on an annual basis, and Denmark and Norway are in what virtually can be described as hyper-growth in terms of new customers. The savers at Nordnet made 22.7 million transactions during the quarter, which is the highest figure ever for a single quarter. With a total value for our customers’ holdings of SEK 648 billion, we also reach a new all-time high for savings capital, says Lars-Åke Norling, CEO of Nordnet.
– Our financial result reflects the strong development we see in customer growth and savings. We can present an operating profit of SEK 830 million for the quarter – by far the best result in Nordnet’s history, says Lars-Åke Norling, CEO of Nordnet.
Highlights during the quarter
- Record-breaking inflow of new savers, 39 percent annual customer growth
- High net savings and new all-time high for savings capital of SEK 648 billion
- The highest number of transactions for an individual quarter and extensive interest in foreign trading
- Successful launch of the new Norwegian pension account, EPK
- Implementation of digital processes for taking out and moving occupational pensions in Sweden
- Record-breaking financial earnings – SEK 830 million in operating profit
Financial results in brief, January-March 2021 (January-March 2020)
- Adjusted operating profit SEK 829.6 (367.1) million
- Operating income SEK 1,113.6 (644.2) million
- Adjusted operating expenses SEK 279.9 (258.9) million
- Earnings per share before dilution 2.63 (1.17) SEK
- Earnings per share after dilution 2,62 (1,17) SEK
- Net savings for the quarter amounts to SEK 27.0 (23.8) billion
- Savings capital 31 March is SEK 648 (355) billion
- Number of trades is 22.7 (14.1) million
Presentation to analysts, shareholders and the media
CEO Lars-Åke Norling and CFO Lennart Krän will present the report and answer questions on Thursday 29 April 2021 at 10.00 a.m. CET via Zoom. The presentation will be held in English and can be followed here.
This information is information that Nordnet AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, at 08.00 CET on April 29, 2021.