As of today, Friday 22 March 2019, Nordnet’s Annual and Sustainability Report for 2018 is available via the Group’s website www.nordnetab.com.
- 2018 was an eventful year for both Nordnet and the savers. There were major fluctuations on the Nordic stock exchanges, and in some periods, strong negative development. However, the savers did not passively follow the developments from the stands, but instead were very active and reviewed their investments to a record extent. Nordnet’s own agenda was at least as rich in content as the savers with a number of product launches and partnerships, as well as a strong growth in customers and savings, says Anders Danielsson, acting CEO of Nordnet.
Highlights during the year
- New app for Android and iPhone launched on all Nordic markets, tripled rating in app store
- The focus on digital advisory services continues, Nordnet Smart Portfolios introduced during the year
- Launch of a stock lending program,awarded “Savings Innovation of the year” by the Swedish financial magazine Privata Affärer
- “Stockbroker of the year” in Denmark
- Acquisition of Netfonds –creating Norway’s leading digital bank for savings and investments
Financial results in brief, January-December 2018
- Operating income increased by 5 percent, amounting to SEK 1,310.4 million (1,244.0)
- Operating profit decreased by 29 percent to SEK 141.2 million (200.2)
- Profit after tax for the period decreased by 29 percent to SEK 118.1 million (167.3)
- The number of new customers increased by 14 percent to 765,200 (669,300) customers
- Net savings amounted to SEK 23.5 billion (17.3)
Sustainability results in brief, January-December 2018
- We climate offset for all our greenhouse gas emissions, amounting to 254 tonnes CO2e in 2018, a decrease with 14 percent compared to 2017
- 31 percent of the fund savings in Nordnet is allocated in sustainable funds (4-5 globes according to Morningstar’s sustainability rating)
- The gender distribution among Nordnet’s employees is 38 (36) percent women and 62 (64) percent men. The proportion of women with staff responsibility increased by 7 percentage points compared to 2017, amounting to 47 percent
For more information, please contact:
Johan Tidestad, Head of Communications
+46 708 875 775, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordnet is a digital bank for savings and investments and we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. With user-friendliness, availability, a broad offering and low prices, we give our customers the opportunity to achieve their savings ambitions. Visit us at www.nordnetab.com, www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no, www.nordnet.dk or www.nordnet.fi.