Today Nordnet publishes its year-end report for January-December 2018. The full report is available at nordnetab.com.
- From an income perspective, the period October-December was our strongest quarter ever and characterized by high activity, for both the private savers and Nordnet. In October we launched our stock lending program, which we were given the award “Savings Innovation of the Year” by the Swedish magazine Privata Affärer. During the quarter, we announced the acquisition of the Norwegian bank Netfonds and we were named “Stockbroker of the Year” in Denmark. Customer growth remains strong and we welcomed more than 23,000 new customers during the quarter, and passed the one million active accounts milestone. Our customers have been more active than ever and made the highest number of trades for a single month in October. The shaky and declining stock market is, however, affecting the willingness of savers to invest new capital in the market, says Anders Danielsson.
Highlights during the quarter
- Acquisition of Netfonds – creating Norway’s leading digital bank for savings and investments
- Trading record in October and the strongest quarter ever in terms of income
- One million active accounts on a Nordic basis and 100,000 customers in Denmark
- Nordnet’s stock lending program wins an award for the “Savings Innovation of the Year”
- Stockbroker of the Year in Denmark
Financial results in brief, October-December 2018
- Operating income increased by 4 percent, amounting to SEK 347.5 million (333.1)
- Operating profit decreased by 15 percent to SEK 46.2 million (54.1)
- Profit after tax for the period decreased by 24 percent to SEK 38.9 million (51.1)
- The number of new customers increased by 23,400 during the quarter
- Net savings amounted to SEK 1.4 billion (4.0)
Financial results in brief, January-December 2018
- Operating income increased by 5 percent and amounted to SEK 1,310.4 million (1,244.1)
- Operating profit decreased by 39 percent to SEK 151.6 million (247.3)
- Profit after tax for the period decreased by 41 percent to SEK 126.5 million (212.8)
- The number of new customers increased by 14 percent to 765,200 (669,300)
- Net savings amounted to SEK 23.5 billion (17.3)
For more information, please contact:
Johan Tidestad, Head of Communications
+46 708 875 775, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordnet is a digital bank for savings and investments and we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. With user-friendliness, availability, a broad offering and low prices, we give our customers the opportunity to achieve their savings ambitions. Visit us at www.nordnetab.com, www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no, www.nordnet.dk or www.nordnet.fi.