Today Nordnet publishes its Interim Report for January-March 2019. The full report is available at nordnetab.com.
- Both Nordnet and the savers can look back at a good first quarter. For Nordnet's part, I would like to highlight a strong result with high revenue and good cost control, a high inflow of new customers and savings, as well as a stable increase in our lending portfolio. The private savers also have every reason to be satisfied with the quarter – they have a fantastic period with broad stock market upturns behind them. In addition, the participants in Nordnet’s stock lending program received an extra payment of SEK 3.3 million to share, which means that savers with endowment insurances at Nordnet can count on higher returns on their savings than if they had it somewhere else, says Anders Danielsson, acting CEO at Nordnet.
Highlights during the quarter
- Higher income and lower expenses provide strong earnings
- The highest inflow of new customers in Nordnet's history
- Strong growth in Finland and the launch of a stock lending program in Norway
- Tier 1 capital is strengthened by SEK 500 million through the issue of the AT1 bond
- Frida Bratt the new savings economist in the Swedish market
Financial results in brief, January-March 2019
- Operating income increased by 18 percent, amounting to SEK 402.5 million (340.8)
- Operating profit increased by 208 percent to SEK 129.0 million (41.9)
- Profit after tax for the period rose by 292 percent to SEK 118.9 million (30.3)
- The number of new customers increased by 14 percent to 794,800 (698,500)
- Net savings amounted to SEK 7.0 billion (11.5)
For more information, please contact:
Johan Tidestad, Head of Communications
+46 708 875 775, email@example.com
Nordnet is a digital bank for savings and investments and we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. With user-friendliness, availability, a broad offering and low prices, we give our customers the opportunity to achieve their savings ambitions. Visit us at www.nordnetab.com, www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no, www.nordnet.dk or www.nordnet.fi.