– The third quarter was characterized by a continued strong interest from private individuals to take control of their financial future with savings in shares and funds as a basis. Our customer growth in the last 12 months is 37 percent, and in total, well over 1.5 million Nordic private individuals have now chosen Nordnet as the platform for their savings. Our strongest growth continues to be in the markets outside Sweden, where Denmark stands out with a customer growth of a full 80 percent in the past year.
– We make a significantly better result than for the third quarter of 2020, and profit before tax ended up at more than SEK 500 million, which is more than 40 percent better than in same period last year. Behind the result is a revenue increase of 29 percent in combination with a stable cost level.
Highlights during the quarter
- Nordnet turned 25 – from a Swedish online broker to the Nordic region’s leading platform for savings and investments
- More than 60,000 new customers in the third quarter, an annual growth of 37 percent
- New record levels for savings capital and lending
- Higher income and stable expenses provide an increase in profit of more than 40 percent
- Nordnet is the first fund platform in the Nordic region to include information on the EU’s new categorization of sustainable funds
- The application to start a fund management company was submitted to the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority
- Nordnet is awarded the international Red Dot Award in the Financial Apps category
Financial results in brief, July-September 2021 (July-September 2020)
- Adjusted operating profit SEK 507.8 (355.6) million
- Operating income SEK 794.8 (617.1) million
- Adjusted operating expenses SEK 278.2 (258.2) million
- Earnings per share after dilution 1.60 (1.07) SEK
Presentation to analysts, shareholders and the media
CEO Lars-Åke Norling and CFO Lennart Krän will present the report and answer questions on Friday 29 October 2021 at 10.00 a.m. CET via Zoom. The presentation will be held in English and can be followed here.
This is information that Nordnet AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8:00 a.m. CET on 29 October 2021.