– The fourth quarter was a strong period for Nordnet. We achieved an operating profit of SEK 578 million, our second-best net profit to date for an individual three-month period. On the whole, 2021 was a year of amazing growth. Nearly 380,000 new customers started saving on our platform, the highest figure to date. Our total customer base exceeded 1.6 million Nordic private savers and customer growth for the year was 31 percent. For the first time, our customers’ savings capital exceeds SEK 800 billion – the explanations for this including a positive stock market and record-breaking savings figures. For 2021, we achieved a profit before tax of SEK 2.45 billion for 2021 – our best full-year net profit to date, slightly more than 50 percent higher than for 2020, says Lars-Åke Norling, CEO of Nordnet.
Highlights during the quarter
- 1.6 million Nordic private savers have now chosen Nordnet, with 63,800 new customers in the fourth quarter.
- Savings capital are at a record level, exceeding SEK 800 billion.
- Several new features launched on our website and app, including dark mode and improved graphs.
- Successful launch of the Danish equity savings account.
- Two awards during the quarter – “Årets Uppror” from business magazine Privata Affärer for our initiative for fair terms on ISK, and “Broker of the Year” in Denmark.
- Second highest quarterly result ever, SEK 578 million. Full-year profit is 56 percent better than for 2020 and the best in Nordnet’s history.
- Proposed dividend of SEK 5.56 per share (+70 percent compared to 2020).
Financial results in brief, October-December 2021 (October-December 2020)
- Adjusted operating profit SEK 578.1 (473.1) million
- Operating income SEK 889.9 (761.1) million
- Adjusted operating expenses SEK 299.4 (286.9) million
- Earnings per share after dilution 1.82 (1.13) SEK
- Number of trades amounts to 16.9 million (16.5)
Financial results in brief, January-December 2021 (January-December 2020)
- Adjusted operating profit SEK 2,451.2 (1,575.9) million
- Operating income SEK 3,628.4 (2,678.7) million
- Adjusted operating expenses SEK 1,140.9 (1,064.1) million
- Earnings per share after dilution 7.86 (5.10) SEK
- Number of trades amounts to 71.6 million (58.5)
Presentation to analysts, shareholders and the media
CEO Lars-Åke Norling and CFO Lennart Krän will present the report and answer questions on Thursday 3 February 2022 at 10.00 a.m. CET via Zoom. The presentation will be held in English and can be followed here.
This disclosure contains information that Nordnet is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014) and the Swedish Securities Markets Act (2007:528). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 03-02-2022 08:00 CET.